Below are some GREAT tips on preserving and taking care of your jewelry and precious stones. Thanks to Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company for this wonderful information.
Unexpected things happen. Make sure your jewelry is protected. Here are few tips to get started:
- Visit your jeweler once a year to have your precious stones inspected and cleaned to detect any potential problems.
- Salt water and jewelry do not mix. Ocean water can damage some stones and metals.
- Always take time to place jewelry in a secure place...not in a pocket, on the counter or in a public area
- Remove your rings before swimming. Fingers can constrict in water making rings more likely to fall off.
- When traveling, keep your valuable jewelry at home of store in the hotel safe NOT the room safe.
(photo credit - www.BridalKaleidoscope.com)