The Father of the Groom is the one wedding party member that tends to be forgotten and no one really knows what he's to do other than be the dad of the groom. Well below are a few tasks to make the FOG feel included:
- Host an engagement party with the Mother of the Groom for the groom's side of the family. The bride's parents host the 1st engagement party of the couple.
- Assist with the wedding planning and attend appointments when asked.
- Assist with planning the rehearsal dinner.
- Escort the groom's mother down the aisle and is seated in the 1st row on the right side, if it's a Christian ceremony.
- Greet guests at the ceremony and reception locations.
- Offer a toast to the newly married couple during the reception.
- Dance with his new daughter-in-law at least once during the night.
- BUT the biggest task of the day is to support his son...the groom.
(photo credit - www.rushphotovideo.com
repost from March 2013 )