- When dividing up your floral budget, create three categories - reception, wedding party and ceremony. Consider spending more for the reception as your guests will view these florals the longest.
- When selecting your color palette, choose 2-3 based on your bridesmaid's dresses, season and setting. Some of my favorites are - red, turquoise and white; pale green, gray and deep purple; peach, raspberry and mocha; and lavender, raspberry and white.
- Consider selecting flowers that bloom year round to cut on costs like roses, gerbera daisies and orchids.
- Mix flowers and candles to create high or low arrangements and ask your florist for suggestions that fit within your budget.
- Should you want to switch it up and not carry a bouquets, consider carrying a Bible or Prayer Book, candle, parasol or folding fans.
- Consider renting live trees or green plants for the ceremony and add a few floral blooms for a punch of color.
- Should you decide to DIY your flowers, check out companies like FiftyFlowers.com, Growersbox.com, ProFlowers.com and Flowerbud.com who package wedding flowers and arrangements.
Until next time...WEDologize!
(photo credit - SimplyCraft.hk)