As a planner, dealing with vendor contracts are apart of everyday life when it comes to my clients. Making sure that all the details and services provided are listed is key as well as the payment amount due to the vendor. But there are some particulars that not every couple recognizes should also be included in the contract (where applicable).
- Complete list of services including the number of hours (not just "all day"), breaks, etc.
- Name of person providing the service on wedding day, especially important when dealing with the photography company, videography company and DJ or Band
- Overtime rate
- Alternative service or merchandise in case of a problem
- Payment schedule
- Cancellation and refund policy
- Last date to make changes to services provided or final guest count
Be sure to read over everything in the contract before signing because once signed...it's legally binding, and make sure to read the fine print. Also, ask the vendor (should you not have a planner) alternative ways to lower the cost, such as decreasing their hours of service. And last, NEVER give a vendor a deposit or retainer without a signed contract!
Until next time...WEDologize!
(photo credit: www.jungleredwriters.com)