Below are some questions to ask vendors before signing on the dotted line:
- Venue - ask if you can come view a wedding set-up a few hours before the reception begins so that you can see the room layout outside of the photographs they will show you
- Caterer - always taste the food regardless if the tasting is apart of the contract or if you have to pay
- Photographer - please show me photographs (or an album) from the photographer that will be shooting my wedding day
- Videographer - please show me some raw footage from the videographer that will capture my day and then ask to see an edited version from the same videographer
- Florist - please show me some photographs taken by couples you have worked with or some professional photographers pictures of your work.
- DJ or Band - ask for references from other couple's weddings they have serviced and if they have any CD's or YouTube videos of events they have played
- Stationery Designer - ask to see physical samples of their style of work so that you can touch the stock and see the actual embellishments
- Linens - ask to see samples not on paper, put swatches you can touch
- Transportation - ask to see photographs of their fleet or schedule an appointment to see the cars in person
Until next time...WEDologize!