- Make sure to have a tasting so that you can make notations about the look, seasoning and presentation of the menu.
- Be sensitive to your guests dietary restrictions. Consider adding "Please advise of any dietary restrictions" to your reply card.
- Personalize parts of the menu to reflect your background and ethnicity.
- Consider choosing 4-5 different hors d'oeuvre options during cocktails and for dinner serve three or four courses.
- Spice up the cocktail hour with passed hors d'oeuvres, stations and/or tasting tables. Also note that cocktail receptions can be more cost-effective than serving a full sit-down dinner or buffet.
- And wherever possible, make sure your entire menu hits on all the taste buds - sweet, sour, bitter and tangy (tart).
Until next time...WEDologize your budget!