Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Day #27 - Honeymoon Preparation

You are going to need a passport to visit any country outside of the United States except for the US Territories (Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands).  But honestly, I believe that is going to change soon for traveling within the United States.  With that said, I believe it's best to plan ahead and obtain your passport.

Do not wait until the last minute to apply for your passport.  It takes about 6 weeks to process.  Can you get it quicker than that...yes, but the expediting fees are pretty hefty.  When applying for your passport, you will need your original birth certificate, the passport application and a 2"x2" passport photo.

In order to actually travel, your full name must match on your passport and airline ticket.  Once you have returned from your honeymoon and have an original copy of your marriage license, you can then change the name on your passport.

For more information, please visit - https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html

Until next time...WEDologize!

Photo credit - Jeremy Mann Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails