The marriage license is the most important piece of paper that you will ever obtain and sign during the wedding planning process. Below are the guidelines for obtaining a marriage license in the Greater Chicago area:
- You must be 18 years or older to marry without parental consent
- No blood test or health tests required
- Both parties must be present with the proper forms of identification (drivers license, certified birth certificate showing birth date or passport)
- If you have been married before, your divorce degree will be required
- You can get the license same day and it's valid for $60 days
- YOU MUST GET THE LICENSE IN THE COUNTY YOU MARRY. The fee will vary from $15-60.
- Click to link for locations nearest you to obtain your marriage license - http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/aboutus/hours_locations/Pages/VitalRecords.aspx
Until next time...WEDologize!
Photo credit - www.vsphoto.com