I had the privilege last might to attend an intimate event featuring the one and only, wedding planning mogul, David Tutera! Invited last week by promoters, A-List Events, I wasn't sure what to expect as I journeyed to Water Tower Place, 7th Floor, In Fashion Lounge. But being in his presence, listening to how he started out in the business and witnessing what he has created, rejuvenated and inspired me to carry on in the business I'm so passionate about.
So enough with the mushy stuff, what did Mr. Tutera have to say about weddings and what's new with the brand, David Tutera?
David's brand includes: My Fair Weddings, bridal gowns by Mon Cheri that range from $750-$1,500, an expanding line of wedding accessories seen in JoAnn Fabrics, fine jewelry in Sears department stores, bridal shoes (coming early 2013), Embellishments (affordable jewelry coming out in days), a line of fabrics, and online wedding planning. WOW!!!
- Overall wedging budgets have decreased from $32,000 to almost $22,000, but brides are purchasing more because the wedding industry is growing!
- The most important parts to focus on with the wedding budgets are (1) food and beverage, (2) entertainment and (3) the look / decor.
- If you are renewing your vows, make it fun!!! Play a four minute recap video of the wedding day and recreate your first dance.
- Themes are not necessary and the theme "Old Hollywood" is overused.
- For the groom, think and dress like James Bond. Keep it simple. Tailor the jacket. Eliminate the colored vests and ties and definitely no cummerbunds. The most formal look a groom can have is a white jacket w/ black slacks and a white or ivory shirt.
Well that's all I can say right now. But tune into the next season of "My Fair Wedding" starting Sunday, September 9th on WeTV. David says its different than last season and even more fabulous!
Oh and sorry for the poor picture quality, the lounge was dimly lit and we could not use flash :)
Until next time...WEDologize!