Although most cake designers are offering couples an anniversary cake one year later, there are still some couples who want to comply with tradition, save the top layer (or slices) of their wedding cake and eat it a year later. Now the biggest concern for most couples...how do you do you save a cake for one year and it come out tasting good?
Should you decide to save that top layer, below are "how-to" steps:
- Remove non-edible decorations.
- Place the cake, uncovered, in the freezer for a few hours so that the outer layer can get hard.
- Remove the cake and wrap in plastic wrap. Three layers would work nicely.
- Then wrap aluminium foil around the entire cake.
- Put the cake in a plastic bag removing all the air.
- Place the bagged cake in an air-tight container.
- Last, place in the freezer and remove a couple of days before your one-year anniversary.
Until next time...WEDologize!