Congratulations on your engagement, Ladies! Now that your fabulous fiancee' has popped the question with the ring you've dreamt about for years, what are the next steps as you venture into the wedding planning arena?
- Set the date - Select the date, month and year of your wedding. Of course, the date isn't set in stone until the ceremony and reception venue are booked, but at least you will know the season and a general timeline for your wedding.
- Set a budget - Discuss the wedding budget with your fiancee' and both sets of parents to determine who is able to pay for what vendor or what financial contributions they'll be able to provide. This will then help you decide how elaborate of a celebration you are able to host.
- Select your wedding party - Now is the time to ask your family members and/or close friends to play specific roles in your wedding. Make sure to select those that are genuinely happy about your engagement to avoid tensions down the line.
- Settle on a guest count - Using a spreadsheet and talking with both sets of parents, begin compiling the wedding guest list to include names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Hire a planner - Should you desire, reach out to planner as soon as you can. This person is a valuable resource when it comes to hiring vendors among their list of many talents.
Before you get stressed about the whole wedding planning process, remember this...over 2 million 1st time engaged couples pull this off each year and you certainly can, too!!!
Until next time...WEDologize!