As for you move forward with selecting your reception location, here is a brief list of questions to ask the catering/banquet manager regarding what they do (or do not) provide. Some of these "fees" can drive your budget up so be aware of what is included.
- What's included with the venue - tables, chairs, china, flatware, stemware?
- What are your basic linens? And what is the cost for upgrading?
- What is your basic table decor?
- Do you provide the wedding cake? If not, is there a cake cutting fee?
- Is coat check complimentary or is there a fee?
- Is there a bridal room or private room for dressing? Does it lock?
- Do your provide any audio visual equipment and if so, what is the fee?
- Do you have a dance floor?
- Is there a charge for security or is that a complimentary service?
- Do I need to provide insurance for my wedding reception?
- Do you have adequate parking for the number of guests invited or is valet service available?
- Do you allow outside vendors that the couple secures or do you have a preferred vendors list?
Until next time...WEDologize!
(photographer credit - Grace Havlak)