I get asked by many of my clients after they have selected their wedding party...do I need to have ushers? Well below are the "duties" of a wedding usher. That way, you can decide if you need to have one or two (or three) on site during the wedding ceremony.
- Greet guests as they arrive.
- Escort the single woman and elder to their seats.
- Know the seating for the special guests.
- Make sure the wedding programs, if there are any, are passed out prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Light altar candles.
- Escort the grandmothers and mothers down the aisle during the ceremony.
- Pull the aisle runner down the aisle before the flower girls enter.
- Assist with rounding up the wedding party for photographs.
- Gather any items that may be left behind after the ceremony.
- Direct guests to the wedding reception.
And just as I ask the wedding party members to arrive to the ceremony location at least one-hour before the start of the ceremony, the same is asked of the ushers.
Until next time...WEDologize!
(photo credits - www.ourweddingusher.com; www.i-do.com.au)