Friday, February 18, 2011

Bridal Shower 101

I seem to not have addressed the bridal shower in any of my blogs, so today sounds like a good day to do just that. Actually, I think I'll dedicate my next 2-3 to this fun pre-wedding celebration hosted specifically for the bride.

One of my bride's called this week asking me some bridal shower etiquette questions and I've listed the answers below.

  • It is inappropriate for the bride to host her own bridal shower. Your Maid/Matron of Honor should host the shower for the bride with participation from the bridesmaids. Mother's of the Bride and Groom have also been know to host showers for the lovely bride, but it's a complete no-no to do it yourself.
  • It is tacky and rude to invite someone to your bridal shower and they not receive an invitation to the wedding.
  • Bridal showers do not have to be centered around a theme. The shower should be about the bride and her likes. Having a "cooking-themed" bridal shower for a bride that does not cook would be extremely awkward for the guest of honor.
  • Registry information can be included in the bridal shower invitation, but NOT the wedding invitation. Should you want wedding guests to know of your registries, it should be verbally communicated through the mothers and/or bridal party members or could be listed on your wedding website.
  • Hosting a bridal shower less than a month before the wedding, in my opinion, is not a good idea. I'd suggest hosting the shower 6-8 weeks before the wedding to allow those invited guest to recuperate financially from giving a shower gift before having to give a wedding gift.
Until next time...WEDologize!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails