Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Do Chicago!!!

I had the opportunity today to visit the "I Do!" exhibit at the Chicago History Museum, along with members of the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC), and was completely in awe of how they have preserved wedding gowns from the 1800's to 2009!

Wedding gowns have certainly come a looooong way. From tightly pulled, corseted gowns to the free flowing, embellished creations you see today...one thing remained consistent...the train. Unable to take any photos inside the exhibit, I snapped a few shots from the fabulous book we received as guests. Enjoy!

To learn more about the exhibit, visit http://chicagohistory.org/planavisit/exhibitions/weddings/index

Until next time...WEDologize!
(photo credits - "I Do! Chicago Ties The Knot" by Timothy A. Long)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails