Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy 14 Year Anniversary



I cannot believe that I forgot my 14th year anniversary for Dejanae Events!  I guess having to direct a wedding this past weekend will do that to you.  Well yes, on Friday, April 25 (if my memory serves me correctly) I celebrate 14 years of being an entrepreneur and a wedding and event planner!!!

Many of you know my story...the good and bad that I have gone through to make it in what I consider a very segregated industry.  I want to encourage those that are starting out in the wedding and event industry to DO YOU!  Don't allow the negative talk, the people who won't even speak or acknowledge your talents, the mistakes and bad financial decisions to cause you to tap out.  This career is passion driven...creatively driven...God driven.

I have endured a lot of negativity:  "fellow planners" discrediting my work or thinking they are better than me; "industry friends" speaking to me via social media but ignoring me when in person; "venue managers" canceling my invitation to planner events; and even being told I am not one of the 'top planners in Chicago'...but you know what...I SMILE.  I smile and stand tall because not too many people can say they have a team of loving individuals who want to see their successes; vendors who love working with them and refer their clients to who they call 'the best'; or the privilege of doing what they love full-time.  WELL I DO!  And I don't say they to brag...I say it with a FULL heart of encouragement to those wanting the same.

I could NEVER take all the credit for this 14 year journey.  NOPE.  I share this achievement with those who thought I'd never make it.  I toast to you, send love your way and a big HUGE thank you!!!


Until next time...WEDolgize!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Desiree!! We love all your hard work and LOVE working with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I love the WGC team! You support of my business is GREATLY appreciated!!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I wanted to leave a quick note of CONGRATS on an impressive 14yrs in the bizz :-). I'm a fan of your work from Atlanta as well as 2.5yrs in the game myself. I can totally, wholeheartedly relate to all of the bumps and the negative feedback/cold shoulders you've mentioned above, but my skin is being tougher and my will more determined with each hurdle ;-). Hope to meet you in person one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jill! I truly appreciate your comment :) Don't EVER allow those cold shoulders and negative feedback to cloud your judgement...you've got work to do!!! I hope we meet one day in person as well! xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails