Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving-Eve Toast


As we approach another Thanksgiving, I'm always excited and delighted because it is simply my most favorite holiday!  I'm soooooo thankful for my supportive family, especially my daughter who just celebrated her 12th birthday.  I'm thankful for my girlfriends who are like sisters-from-another-mother to this only child.  I'm thankful for a successful and thriving wedding & event planning business.  I'm thankful for my health and strength, plus those good days that keep me smiling and those bad days that keep me learning.  And I'm so very thankful for all my social media friends who follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr and who read this blog.  I toast to you and your families via the recipe below:

Ingredients

3 cups canned unsweetened pear nectar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup dry Diablo Creek Sauvignon Blanc
Lemon slices (optional)
***serves 5

Instructions

Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
Ready In: 10 Minutes
  1. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan over medium-high heat, mix pear nectar, sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and wine. Cook, uncovered, until hot, about 7 minutes. (Or heat in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart microwave-safe container in a microwave oven at full (100%) power until hot, about 7 minutes.)
  2. Pour cider into mugs or heat-proof glasses, and garnish each with a lemon slice. 
 
Until next time...Happy Thanksgiving and WEDologize!

(Photo credits and recipe via Dominicks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails