Having a wedding at your home, at a family member or friend's residence, although the idea is lovely...be realistic. Unless the home is spacious, can hold 50+ guests and at least a dozen vendors, consider a different style venue to accommodate your ceremony and reception. But, if you are moving forward with your "home" wedding, consider this very short list of questions:
- You will need to hire caterers. Can the kitchen accommodate?
- Do you have enough bathrooms or will you need to rent Port-O-Potties?
- What is the back-up plan should it rain?
- Where will guest's park their cars?
- What permits do you need to obtain and what is the noise ordinance for your township?
- Do you have enough outlets or will you need to rent generators?
- Can you or your family plan all of the details or should you hire a wedding planner?
Until next time...WEDologize!
(photo credits: ashleysbrideguide.com)