When creating your budget, one of the main ticket items should be the overall look you are going for on wedding day. Several brides have told me, "I don't like flowers." OK and that's fine, but there are many other items to consider when designing the "WOW Factor" for your ceremony and reception. Check out the simplified list below and decide what is important to you.
- Lush linens to grace the guest reception tables. This is a wonderful way to create the "WOW Factor" with using color and textures to make the space pop.
- Comfortable seating provided for guests. I recently wrote a blog on the different styles of chairs that can be rented for both the ceremony and reception. Some come in different woods, while you can add a punch of color based on the cushion selected. But don't forget the rental of lounge furniture that can be placed throughout the space to really add that "WOW Factor."
- Lighting to enhance a space. You can really create the "WOW Factor" by using up lights, a gobo with your monogram, twinkle lights or specialty lighting to make the reception venue sparkle.
- The dance floor is where your guests will be the longest. Consider renting one if the space doesn't provided one or you don't like it. Can you imagine being twirled around by your groom on a seamless white dance floor? Now that's officially "WOW Factor"!
- How about renting some party extras like a photo booth, concession machines, a cigar roller...you name it. Your guests will certainly feel the "WOW Factor" when you go a little over the top with the activities they can enjoy during your wedding reception.
Until next time...WEDologize!