Photo credit - www.tuxshirt.com
- The funniest thing to see at a wedding reception is a Groom's Cake that reflects the groom's personality or hobby. Make sure to include his favorite cake flavor. I had a groom's cake last year for a construction worker/Bears fan and the cake was a blue and orange hammer. Love it!
- Have a couples shower in which both the bride and groom are celebrated by family and friends.
- Present a video at the reception with pictures, set the the groom's favorite music, of the groom's life leading up to wedding day.
- I just had a bride do one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my 10 years as a planner. She wrote a poem for her groom and had it read aloud by one of her dear friends right before she walked down the aisle. I *heart* that idea!
- If you are a dancer or singer, do a special tribute to your groom at the wedding reception.
- When registering, include the groom and let him register for some of those fun man items!!
- Get the groom a sentimental pre-wedding gift or a massage the eve of the wedding.
- You both should work with the band or DJ to make sure some of the groom's favorite songs are played during the reception.
- Have the groom control one aspect of the planning process (photography, entertainment, transportation, etc.).
- ...and last but not least, invite him to all the planning meetings with your wedding planner even if he's unable to attend.
Until next time...WEDologize!