I'm 100% aware that a thoughtful wedding budget is crucial to the planning of your special day. I know as you begin the planning process and truly see the cost of your ideas on Pinterest :) you are going to have to make some tough decisions on what to keep, change and eliminate. But in this blog, instead of telling you how to save costs within your wedding budget, I'm going to share with you...what not to skimp on:
- Your wedding gown. This is what everyone comes to see...just how beautiful you will look on wedding day. You don't need to spend a fortune on a couture gown costing as much a 2-3 monthly mortgages, but you do want to spend your money wisely on a gown that makes you feel beautiful.
- Your bridal bouquet. This fragrant accessory is one of the most photographed items on wedding day. It's practically in every picture with you, plus it gets photographed alone. The bouquet should compliment your wedding gown and not be scaled down.
- The food. This is the one thing the guests will remember and you want to make sure you are serving quality food. Yes, some courses can be eliminated, but the least expensive option isn't always the best.
- The photographer. He or she is creating your memories in the form of an album with the photographs taken on your wedding day. A professional photographer knows how to capture the classic photos plus those photos that you never would have thought about. Don't select your photographer based on the best deal, select the photographer based on what you want your FINAL product to be.
- The entertainment. Outside of food, your wedding guests will remember the overall experience they had during the reception and music plays a large role in this. Don't skimp on your DJ or band as they are the ones that will keep the party going until the lights come on. Hire professionals that have worked weddings before, not just a party.
(Photo credit - Rush Productions | repost from September 2013)